DESCRIPTION: To implement New Tampa Piano and Pedagogy Academy’s teaching philosophy and methodologies.
ABOUT OUR ACADEMY: New Tampa Piano and Pedagogy Academy is an award winning pre-college piano academy located in Tampa, FL. Our teaching methodologies integrate the best aspects of performance and learning. We believe in our abilities as instructors to learn and evolve so that we can teach all students how to play piano proficiently. Moreover, we believe that when we teach music right, our students learn life skills, and we watch them flourish as independent and avid learners.
TEACHING SPECTRUM: Private piano lessons and group classes to student ages 4-adult.
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 1 year, with employment renewal possibilities.
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: JULY 2018.
WEEKLY TEACHING HOURS AND DUTIES: 20 hours of teaching (position with fewer teaching hours might also be available). 10 hours of lesson planning. 1 hour faculty meeting. 1-1½ hours of observing senior faculty’s teaching. Teaching observations done by senior faculty hours (amount of time varies).
OTHER DUTIES: Attendance to all student recitals. Other sparse duties as assigned.
HARD SKILLS: Completed M.M. in Piano Performance, Piano Pedagogy or Music Education with emphasis in piano, or equivalent, at the time of appointment. Two years of teaching experience or equivalent.
SOFT SKILLS: Addicted to learning and improving, goal oriented, problem solver, tactful and diplomatic, accountable, group spirited.
GENERAL POSITION BENEFITS:
1. A stable monthly salary (rather than monthly income based on amount of hours worked per month)
2. Monthly health insurance stipend
3. Stipend for conference attendance and professional memberships
4. 7-weeks off per calendar year
5. No state income tax in the State of Florida
6. Stable schedule. No make up lessons
7. No administrative duties
8. Performance and lecturing opportunities
9. Ongoing trainings and professional development workshops
10. Supportive collegiate work environment
11. State of the art facilities. Equipment: grand pianos for private lessons and piano lab for group classes
12. Opportunities for employment renewal with increases in salary and added benefits (such as end of year performance based bonus, maternity leave and retirement plan)
1. 1-2 page resume
2. Half-page teaching philosophy
3. Performance video recording (two contrasting pieces of your choice)
4. Teaching video recording (group or private setting)
Submit at www.NewTampaPPA.com/career or email to Dr. Judith Jain at Judith@NewTampaPPA.com
For questions email Dr. Judith Jain at Judith@NewTampaPPA.com