DESCRIPTION: To implement New Tampa Piano and Pedagogy Academy’s teaching philosophy and methodologies.
ABOUT THE ACADEMY: New Tampa Piano and Pedagogy Academy is an All-Yamaha pre-college piano academy located in Tampa, FL. Our teaching methodologies integrate the best aspects of performance and psychology research. We believe in our abilities as instructors to learn and evolve so that we can teach all students how to play piano proficiently. Moreover, we believe that when we teach music right, our students learn life skills, and we watch them flourish as independent and deeply rooted learners.
TEACHING SPECTRUM: Private piano lessons to student ages 5-adult. Group classes to students ages 5-adult. Early childhood group classes.
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 1 year; with renewal possibilities.
TEACHING HOURS: 20 hours per week (position with fewer teaching hours also available).
OTHER DUTIES: 10 hours of lesson planning per week. 1 hour faculty meeting per week. 1 hour of teaching observations per week. Student recital participation, recruitment activities, weekly teaching evaluations, other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Completed M.M. in Piano Performance, Piano Pedagogy or Music Education with emphasis in piano, or equivalent, at the time of appointment. Two years of teaching experience or equivalent.
PROFESSIONAL SOFT SKILLS: Challenge and result driven, willing to learn and improve, naturally persistent, organized, effective communicator, problem solver, tactful and diplomatic, accountable, group spirited.
GENERAL POSITION BENEFITS:
1. Salaried position with additional performance-based bonus
2. Stable income. Regardless of cancellations, weather or holidays
3. No administrative duties. No scheduling responsibilities
4. Stable schedule. No make up lessons
5. 7 weeks off in the Academic Year
6. Trainings and on-site professional development workshops
7. Performance opportunities
8. Collegiate work environment
9. State of the art facility and teaching instruments
10. Stipends for approved conference attendance and professional memberships
11. Opportunities for salary growth and increased responsibilities upon employment renewal
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit your curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, video performance recording (repertoire of your choice) and teaching video recording (group or private setting) at www.NewTampaPPA.com/career or email Dr. Judith Jain at Judith@NewTampaPPA.com.